I honestly had the hardest time trying to think of what to name this recipe because it is filled with so much goodness. These muffins are super moist and filled with so many nutrients, not to mention they are super yummy. If you are GF you can easily make these GF friendly by using this flour. Enjoy!
-2 C Flour
-1/2 t Baking Soda
-1/2 t Baking Powder
-1/2 t Salt
-2 C Shredded and Dried Zucchini
-2/3 C Mashed Ripe Banana
-1/4 C Melted and Cooled Coconut Oil
-2 Large Eggs (Room Temp!)
-1/4 C Honey (you could use maple syrup to make vegan)
-1/4 C Light Brown Sugar
-1 t Vanilla Extract
-1-1/2 t Cinnamon
-1/2 C Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Shred zucchini (I used a cheese grated for this) and squeeze shreds with a paper towel to remove moisture.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine banana, honey, brown sugar, coconut oil. And vanilla until smooth. Add eggs but make sure they are room temp! If they are cooler they could make your coconut oil solidify.
- Add cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and combine until smooth. Start adding the flour, ½ C at a time until completely combined. With a rubber spatula fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into muffin tray (either use paper muffin cups or grease your pan) filling the cups ¾ of the way up. Bake for 20 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove muffins from the pan and let cool on a rack to prevent them from becoming soggy