In July of 2017 I had the honor of working with Alice from Sunshine Nut Co to develop some super tasty treats for this incredible brand. These bombs are to die for with a ton of fun texture. And lets be real here, is there anything better than a good sweet and salty combo? NOPE. Give these a try and head over to check out the best cashews I’ve ever had made by the sweetest people in the world.
-1 C All Natural Peanut Butter
-2 T Maple Syrup
-1/2 C Confectioners Sugar
-1/2 C Sunshine Nut Co Plain Cashews (Roughly Chopped)
-1/2 C Semi Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips
-2 T Coconut Oil
-1/2 C of Crushed Pretzels
- Combine all filling ingredients in a mixing bowl until the mixture is only slightly sticky but holds together well
- Form filling into several (about 10) 1 inch balls, place them on parchment paper and put in the freezer to harden. I would recommend keeping them in the freezer for at least 20 minutes before continuing to next step.
- Start melting chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double broiler or in saucepan until melted. On a separate plate or bowl near the chocolate mixture, crush pretzels for an easy dipping process.
- Remove PB cashew balls from freezer and using a toothpick, dip each one into the melted chocolate, then roll into the crushed pretzels
- After you have dipped each cashew bomb, place them back in the freezer for another 20 minutes to harden.